About The Young Leaders
Most Commonly Asked Questions
WHAT EXACTLY WILL MY CHILD LEARN?
During our classes your child will learn:
- Practice their prepared 2 minute speech several times before an audience of their peers and teachers.
- Learn one new public speaking technique to enhance either the preparation or delivery of a high impact speech.
- Evaluate the performance of their peers and learn to provide constructive feedback.
- Review and discuss a Leadership Case Study based on the Harvard Business School method of learning.
- Learn Success Principles such as the importance of positive thinking, goal setting, removing limiting beliefs and much more.
- Enjoy fun and interactive games that encourage learning through play. All our games reinforce public speaking, leadership and team building skills.
- Be given Real World Assignments to apply what is learning and demonstrate leadership in their lives.
- Complete Homework assignment of Preparing a 2 minute speech for each class.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
How long is each class?
How often do the classes take place?
Classes take place on Saturdays. Please see Calendar for days classes are open and closed.
Where do the classes take place?
Classes take place online via Zoom. Before each class, all students will receive a link and password to login via email.
When does the first round of classes begin each year?
The first round of classes begins in September and runs through until December.
The second round of classes begins in January and runs until end of June.
How old must my child be to register?
We accept students from ages 10 – 18.
What is the cancellation policy?
Registration fees are non-refundable.
What happens if my child misses a class?
The instructors will make reasonable efforts to provide an overview of material missed during class. There are no make-up classes.
Hey there! Thanks for dropping by. My name is Freedom Malhotra. I am the founder, CEO and President of The Young Leaders
My mission in life is to empower incredible people to be true to themselves and to reach their highest potential.
I have made numerous guest appearances on radio and television shows including CTV Breakfast Television, CH@Home and the Good Life Show.
Formerly Founder & CEO of several business including Me Magic, Hassle Free Properties and Condo Planet.
MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business
Author of bestselling book, Born on the Mountaintop: Reclaim Your Life & Unleash Your Spirit.
Blessed father of 2 amazing kids and husband of Anita, my best friend for over 20 years.
We provide a positive environment for young people to develop their self-confidence, creativity and leadership potential. We encourage independent thinking and inspire our students to believe in themselves.
While our focus remains the mastery of public speaking, our broader ambition is to coach young people in the universal habits and principles of success.
We Teach through 4 Powerful Principles
Mastery Through Execution
The best way to learn is by doing. That is why your child’s homework for every class will be to arrive with a prepared 2-minute speech. Nobody is born a great public speaker. Mastery is achieved through countless hours of hard work and practice. During every class, your child will be on their feet talking to an audience several times.
We apply the Case Method used by Harvard Business School and other top educational institutes throughout the world. The cases are descriptions of actual situations that leaders have faced. We invite students to imagine themselves in similar situations to explore the challenges and responsibilities of leadership.
Learn From Others
There is much to be learned from others. By watching their fellow students and professional speakers deliver speeches in class, your child will learn from the mistakes and triumphs of others. Each student in the audience is encouraged to give constructive feedback to every speaker.
We organize many fun and interactive games that encourage learning through play. All our games reinforce public speaking, leadership and team building skills.
© The Young Leaders